Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Policy Statement
Objectives/Policy Statement / Section 26.1, 26.23
Nova Bus (US) Inc. (herein after referred to as Nova Bus) has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (herein after referred to as DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the US Department of Transportation (herein after referred to as DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. Nova Bus has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, Nova Bus has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of Nova Bus to ensure that DBEs, as defined in Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. It is also our policy:
- To ensure non-discrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT-assisted contracts;
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE program;
- To provide appropriate flexibility to recipients of Federal financial assistance in establishing and providing opportunities for DBEs.
Julie Laplante has been delegated as the DBE Liaison Officer. In that capacity, the Diversity Officer is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by Nova Bus in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation.
Nova Bus has disseminated this policy statement to the Executive Committee of Nova Bus and all of the components of our organization. We have distributed this statement to DBE and non-DBE business communities that perform work for us on DOT-assisted contracts upon written request.
- DBE Program Goal Federal Fiscal Year: 2023
- Nova Bus (US) Inc.
For all DOT-Assisted contracts completed in Fiscal Year 2023 beginning October 1, 2022 and ending September 30, 2023, Nova Bus (US) Inc. has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise participation goal of 4.4%. Information pertaining to the determination of this goal is available for inspection from 7:00am to 4:00pm (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday at the Nova Bus manufacturing facility located at 260 Banker Road in Plattsburgh NY 12901 for 30 calendar days following the date of publication of this notice. Written comments on this goal will be accepted for 45 calendar days from the date of publication of this notice and should be sent to the attention of the Diversity Officer at the same address or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Julie Laplante at email@example.com