DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISE POLICY STATEMENT
Objectives/Policy Statement / Section 26.1, 26.23
Nova Bus (US) Inc. has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (herein after referred to as DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the US Department of Transportation (herein after referred to as DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. Nova Bus (US) Inc. has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, Nova Bus (US) Inc. has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of Nova Bus (US) Inc. to ensure that DBEs, as defined in Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT‐assisted contracts. It is also our policy:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT‐assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT‐assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT‐assisted contracts;
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE program; and
- To provide appropriate flexibility to recipients of Federal financial assistance in establishing and providing opportunities for DBEs.
Catherine Fortier, Diversity Officer, has been delegated as the DBE Liaison Officer. In that capacity, the Diversity Officer along with the executive steering committee is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by Nova Bus (US) Inc. in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation.
Nova Bus (US) Inc. has disseminated this policy statement to the Executive Committee of Nova Bus (US) Inc. and all of the components of our organization. We have distributed this statement to DBE and non‐DBE business communities that perform work for us on DOT‐assisted contracts upon written request.
Catherine Fortier, email@example.com